Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
Give the asparagus a crunchy twist with this recipe. You have the freedom to add different seasonings and Parmesan cheese. You can have cold or hot dip or any dip of your choice.
- 12 asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- Set the oven to 375 degrees,
- Steam the asparagus for a few minutes. The goal is to make them a bit tender, but not totally cooked. Then, set them aside to cool.
- After that, you will start to wrap the asparagus. Get ¼ sheet of phyllo dough, this is enough to make asparagus spear. Begin to divide the phyllo into 4 pieces. Grab one piece, fold into half and spread olive oil. After that, put the asparagus spear at the lower part of the sheet. Start to roll. Then, put on greased baking sheet.
- Do this with the other three quarter sheet. Repeat also the process with two full sheet.
- If all the spears are placed on baking sheet, apply olive oil. Cook for 15 to 17 minutes or the phyllo has turned golden brown.
Choose cold or warm dip. I suggest cheese sauce as it is a delicious dip for this dish.