Pesto Naan Pizza
Naan (an Indian flatbread) is popping up on store shelves around the country. I've seen it at Target, Costco and my local grocery in the bakery aisle. I've decided they're perfect for individual pizzas! Try The Budget Diet's Pesto Naan Pizza or use your favorite pizza toppings. A Naan pizza crust is ideal for a make your own pizza party...just set out an assortment of sauces and toppings.* It's another frugalicious and fast dinner idea from The Budget Diet girl.
- Naan (Indian flatbread, available at Costco)
- Pesto** (use 2 tablespoons per Naan...Costco sells an inexpensive jar and it freezes well!)
- Italian Blend Cheese (use ½ cup per Naan)
- Top each Naan with pesto.
- Add cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
*Sauce and topping suggestions: red sauce, pesto, alfredo, bbq, pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, canadian bacon, chicken, onion, bell pepper, olives, mushrooms, italian blend cheese and mozzarella. **Costco sells a very reasonably priced large jar of pesto. If you can't use it all before the expiration, it freezes beautifully!
I’ve entered this recipe in Mr. Food’s search for the ultimate weeknight meal!