In our hurry up world…instant gratification rules, but beware…instant gratification is not a friend of the frugal.
5 Ways to Save Money by being patient:
- Buy Discounted Gift Cards – If you’re planning a shopping trip to Bath & Body Works to pick up a teacher gift, order a discounted gift card about a week in advance! Right now, you can get a Bath & Body Works $25 gift card for only $22…that’s a 12% savings! I regularly order discounted gift cards to places I frequent like the movie theatre, Target and Lowes. The key is to plan ahead!Save up to 35%! Buy discount gift cards from Plastic Jungle. Major store brands.
- Stop Making Impulse Purchases – Think about the item you want to purchase for a few days, and you might discover you don’t really want it! Avoid shopping with your children, so you don’t have to worry about giving in to impulse purchases that you’ll later regret. How many things do you have sitting around your house that you wished you never bought?
- Wait for a Sale – Live by this 1 simple rule: only buy items on sale! You might not enjoy instant gratification, but you’ll enjoy saving money!
- The Thrill of the Hunt – Sure, you can go to Macy’s and find the exact glass pitcher you’re looking for, or you can be patient and shop a few garage sales and thrift stores to find one for a fraction of the cost. If you’ve never experienced the thrill of the hunt, give it a try!
- DIY – Attempt to do-it-yourself! Before you plunk down money for a repairman, a decorator or a handyman…spend a little time doing a web search, and you’ll likely find a You Tube video with step-by-step instructions. Just last month, I was about to throw away an entire laundry load of musty smelling towels that I left in the washer for a couple days, but then I took a moment to search the internet for a solution. Thankfully, I discovered that adding 1 cup of vinegar to your musty smelling load is the solution, and I was able to salvage my towels. The internet is a wonderful source of free knowledge…take advantage of it!
“Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold.” –Leonardo da Vinci
How has patience saved you money? Please click on the title of this article to let me know!
Did you check The Budget Diet’s freebies page today?