Oreo Ghost Cookie Recipe
If you're familiar with Oreo Balls, this is a fun variation that's perfect for Halloween! They freeze well, so make them this weekend, and you'll be ready with a sweet treat for your Halloween Party!
- 1, 16 oz. package Oreos (store brand works fine!)
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 24 oz. white chocolate bark also called white candy coating (this melts well and is ideal for dipping)
- Crumble Oreos in a food processor until no chunks remain.
- Mix together crumbled Oreos, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Take a golf ball size piece of dough and form into a ghost shape, chill 30 minutes.
- Tips for shaping a ghost - roll a cylinder, place on wax paper lined tray and gently push down while pinching to a rounded point at the top. Need a visual? See the images below.
- Melt white chocolate bark according to package directions.
- Drizzle the ghost with the melted white chocolate. (see the image below)
- Place on wax paper lined tray to dry.
- Once the white chocolate hardens, use a wooden skewer to poke 2 eyes and a mouth.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Note: Oreo Ghosts freeze well, so they're easy to make ahead. Thanks Rachael Ray for this festive idea!