Olive Oil Bread Dipping Spice Recipe
I love Italian restaurants that sprinkle that delectable spice mixture on a small plate, drizzle it with olive oil and give you with a warm, crusty loaf of Italian bread to soak up all that yumminess. I usually eat all the bread and don't have room for my dinner! Of course, The Budget Diet girl had to figure out her own Olive Oil Bread Dipping Spice Recipe, so she can enjoy her own little Italian restaurant at home. Make your own Olive Oil Bread Dipping Spice mixture, and you'll feel so fancy every time you serve Italian.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper
- fresh minced garlic (this is added when serving)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- When you're reading to serve, sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of the spices on a small plate.
- Add 1 clove of minced fresh garlic.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of olive oil on top.
- Serve with a loaf of warm, crusty Italian bread.
- That's AMORE!