When’s the last time you went to the movie theatre?
Matinee movies in West Palm Beach are $8…yes, that’s for the matinee! Don’t even ask me how much they are in the evening because I’ve never been.
So, how does a frugal gal justify going to the theatre? Imagine bringing the entire family and buying popcorn, cokes and candy…yikes!
First of all, consider it a treat…not a regular outing. Save your theatre outings for special occasions.
Second, find a way to avoid paying full price. When there’s a will, there’s a way.
5 Ways to Go to the Theatre for Less
- Discounted Gift Cards – Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com! Discounted gift cards take about a week to arrive in the mail, so you’ll need to plan ahead for your night out. The best part, nobody will know you didn’t pay full price. It looks like a regular gift card and spends like a regular gift card.
- Coupons – If you have one of those Entertainment Books, now’s the time to dust it off! They almost always have coupons for your local theatre. RetailMeNot.com is another great source for theater coupons.
- Early Bird – Some theaters offer special rates before noon…check your theatre.
- Rewards Card – Most theaters have frequent visitor cards, so get one and use it.
- Combine Those Discounts – There’s no rule against using a discounted gift card with a coupon for the early bird special!
Don’t even get me started on the $8 tub of popcorn or $5 coke.
Enjoy the show…for less!
P.S. – We do most of our movie watching at home with free dvd’s that we borrow from the library or movies on TV. Make movie night special…cozy up on the sofa with a fuzzy blanket, popcorn, a coke and maybe even some candy.
image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono, FreeDigitalImages.net
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!