Last week I served Red Beans & Rice on Tuesday, and Migas on Wednesday. My husband sat down for dinner, and asked, “are we on a budget diet or something?” Beans & Rice and Migas just happen to be two of the most frugal recipes on our menu, and I just happened to plan them back to back!
- Eggs (use 2 per person)
- Corn Tortillas – great for leftover tortillas! (use 2 small tortillas per person)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Keep in mind that you really don’t need to use exact measurements…feel free to add more eggs or more tortillas to your liking!
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the tortillas in 1″ squares (you really don’t have to be exact!)
- Melt butter in a skillet, add tortillas and stir until lightly brown.
- Whisk eggs, add to skillet with the tortillas and scramble.
- When the eggs are done, add cheese to taste.
- Serve with salsa and sausage.
Give Migas a try if you’re looking for a frugal recipe that’s delicious and fast!