California Pizza Kitchen's Tostada Pizza was my inspiration for this recipe, and you can make it for a fraction of the cost! Add this recipe to your vegetarian collection or try it on a Friday during Lent.
- 1, 12" x 16" pizza crust or 1, 14" round pizza crust
- 1, 15 oz. can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (try The Budget Diet's Homemade Taco Seasoning - the link is at the bottom of this recipe)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese or Colby-Jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ranch dressing
- Choose your favorite pizza crust - homemade, frozen pizza dough, Boboli or a Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust.
- Lightly bake the pizza crust according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine refried beans, picante sauce, sour cream and cream cheese.
- Spread on lightly baked crust.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- When serving, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and ranch dressing.
The Budget Diet’s Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe – it makes a big batch and costs pennies to make, so it’s ideal to have in the pantry for this recipe or for taco night!