A nourishing salad that you can pair with BBQ fish, chicken or beef. This recipe is a new way to prepare your beans that will surely delight guests, friends or family. Adding mint will add a ZING to this delicious side dish.
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen baby lima beans
- ¼ C. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fat-free margarine
- 1 C. diced, canned tomatoes with juice
- ½ teaspoon dried mint leaves, crushed
- Follow the package directions to cook the lima beans.
- Put the margarine in a pan and let it melt. Add the garlic and onion and cook until they become tender.
- Add the mint leaves, tomatoes and lima beans. Boil and serve.