Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are one of my many variations of Gooey Butter Cake, and they're super easy because you start with a cake mix. When I served Lemon Cream Cheese Bars at a luncheon last week, rave reviews came pouring in! "The best lemon bar ever!" "Way better than traditional lemon bars." "WOW...these are so good!"
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup coconut (optional, but yummy!)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together (on low speed) cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg and water until combined.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Optional: lightly press coconut into the top of the cake mixture.
- Mix together (on medium speed) softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes at 350º or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
If you want to have more baking fun, try my other variations of Gooey Butter Cake! Traditional Gooey Butter Cake, Chris’ Outrageous Cheesecake Bars (german chocolate), Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake, Butter Pecan Gooey Butter Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake, Spice Cake Bars.