If you have leftover mashed potatoes after Thanksgiving, try this frugalicious and fast recipe for Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes!
Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
Put your leftover mashed potatoes to good use and serve Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes for dinner! Serve with a cup of applesauce on the side.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- sour cream & chives for garnish
- Mix together mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, cheese, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to 350.
- Spoon approximately ¼ cup batter onto the hot skillet and brown on both sides.
- Note: add additional flour if the batter is too thin, and keep the pancakes small for easy flipping!
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
recipe adapted from Food.com