Key Lime Tarts
- 24 Mini Nilla Wafers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Key Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Key Lime zest
- Cool Whip and additional Key Lime zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 24 mini foil cupcake liners in mini-muffin tins.
- Place 1 cookie in the bottom of each cup, flat side down.
- Beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar, Key Lime juice and Key Lime zest until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full.
- Bake 10 minutes (do not over bake or they will crack!)
- Cool completely and then remove from tins.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Garnish each tart with a dollop of Cool Whip and Key Lime Zest just before serving.
recipe adapted from Paula Dean