Key Lime Pie Recipe
Key Lime Pie is synonymous with summertime! It's cool, refreshing and a breeze to make! Key Lime Pie is a wonderful combination of sweet, tart and creamy in a delicious homemade graham cracker crust.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup Key Lime juice (fresh or bottled, most grocery stores carry bottled Key Lime juice next to the lemon juice)
- Cool Whip for topping
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the side of a 9" pie pan or springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and Key Lime juice on low for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.
- Top each slice with Cool Whip when serving.
Once you taste my homemade graham cracker crust, you'll never go back to store bought again, but if you're in a hurry, you can use a store bought graham cracker crust.
Tomorrow you’ll want to check out my recipe for Frozen Margaritas, and you’ll be ready to kick off the weekend in style!