Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Italian Grilled Cheese is a tasty and grown-up variation on the traditional grilled cheese sandwich. Delicious served with a cup of Tomato Basil Soup.
- 2 slices Italian bread, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 1 slice Provolone cheese
- 1 slice of tomato
- ½ tablespoon butter, melted
- Spread one slice of bread with the pesto.
- Top with provolone cheese, tomato and the other slice of bread.
- Brush the outsides of the bread with butter, and grill in a skillet until golden brown.