Next time your drain or sink is clogged, don’t waste time and money running to the store to buy Liquid Plumr or Drano. You’ll get great results with 2 simple ingredients that I’ll bet are in your pantry: baking soda and vinegar! It’s cheap, it’s easy and it’s the natural way to unclog a drain.
How to Unclog a Drain with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Supplies needed:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 cups boiling water
- Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the clogged drain or sink.
- Pour 1/2 cup of vinegar down the clogged drain or sink – you’ll instantly see a “volcano” erupting in your sink!
- Immediately stuff the rag into the drain, it’s important not to let the baking soda and vinegar mixture escape!
- Let sit 30 minutes.
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Remove the rag.
- Slowly pour the boiling water down the drain.
- That’s it, your clog should be gone!
- Repeat if necessary. Note: I’ve been using this method for about a year with great results on the first try!
Now that you know how to unclog your drain naturally, say goodbye to Liquid Plumr and Drano! If the problem still persists after doing the steps above it’s time to call for a professional blocked drain plumber to unclog your drain.
Pleave a comment to let me know if you’ve had success with the baking soda and vinegar method.