Everyone is trying to save money—and coupon codes are one great way to keep your wallet full. Coupon codes are, technically, a combination of numbers and letters that you use while online shopping. After you’ve entered your coupon code (typically during the checkout process), you are awarded with a discounted shipping cost, retail price, or both. In essence, coupon codes are identical to typical paper coupons—but you don’t have to spend time clipping and carrying coupons around with you.
Following these tips to get coupon codes and save tons of money during online shopping:
• First, decide what you need to buy and where (online) you can buy that particular product or products.
• Visit as many coupon sites as you can and search for a coupon code pertaining to that particular product or vendor. Here are some coupon sites to get you started:
Retail Me Not
• Visit your favorite online retailers that you shop with the most often and register on their sites. Oftentimes, online retailers will send registered members promotional emails with coupon codes. And many times, you’ll be rewarded with a coupon code just for registering on the site.
• Visit your credit card websites. Many credit card companies have relationships with online retailers and will provide you with coupon codes on their behalf.
• Check with your insurance providers. Many of them have whole sections on their websites devoted to coupon codes especially for their customers.
• Do a Google search for the particular item or items you need to buy—you may be surprised at the coupon codes that surface because of your search.
• Call the retailer. If you have a hard time finding an online coupon code for a particular retailer or for a particular product, give the company a call. The customer service representative can help to guide you in the right direction and let you know if there is a coupon code you can use.
By following these tips and tricks, you’re sure to find the coupon code you need—if it exists! Always search for a coupon code prior to making an online purchase. Coupon codes are very common, and they’re just one more way that you can save money and keep your money where it belongs—in your wallet!
written by: Katrina Robinson
Katrina Robinson is a guest blog writer who typically writes about finance, business, and marketing.