How to Cook Beans in a Crock Pot
Cooking dried beans in a crock pot doesn't really require a recipe, and it doesn't require soaking beans overnight. After you make them once, you can file the "recipe" away with How to Cook Rice or How to Make Scrambled Eggs because it's that easy! No more soaking beans overnight or simmering on the stove for hours.
- dry beans - your choice...black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black eyed peas or your favorite dried bean!
- seasonings of your choice
- rinse beans
- place beans in crock pot (no more than ⅓ full)
- add water to cover beans plus an additional 2 inches
- cover and cook on high for 3 - 5 hours*
*cooking times vary by crock pot, so start checking your beans after 3 hours! Don't forget to make a note about cooking time on this recipe, so you'll know exactly how long beans take in your crock pot.