|Homemade Strawberry Jam||
- 2 cups of fresh, ripe strawberries
- 3-4 tbsp of sugar
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- On a clean surface or cutting board, chop the strawberries fine.
- Add the sugar to a saucepan, add in the strawberries, and cook over low heat, adding more sugar as needed, to taste.
- Stir the strawberry and sugar mixture frequently, while mashing the berries to desired consistency while cooking. (some like it smooth, some prefer chunks of fruit)
- Continue to stir frequently and cook over low heat until thickened, watching to make sure the jam does not burn.
- Once the strawberry jam is to a desired consistency, take it off of the heat and cool.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of lime juice to taste, adding the rest as needed.
- Place the strawberry jam in a clean jar or glass container.
about the author:
Tiny Green Mom is an informative site written expressively for parents interested in all things “green,” from tips on living a healthier lifestyle to the latest organic products available for the entire family. Written by a former educator and massage therapist who is dedicated to sensible, green living for her family, Tiny Green Mom offers fresh content to today’s eco-conscious family in one convenient location.