|Homemade Salsa Recipe|| |
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Serves: 16 oz.
Another Texas favorite! It's so easy and fresh tasting that you'll never go back to the salsa in a jar again. Homemade Salsa is a great hostess gift...just dress it up in a nice jar!
- 14½ ounce can Rotel Tomatoes (or store brand tomatoes with green chiles), drained (regular or mild depending on how spicy you like your salsa!)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes)*
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
*if you're in a hurry, just use lime juice from a jar.