Today kicks off “Chocolate is for Lovers” week on The Budget Diet! Each day, I’ll feature a frugalicious chocolate treat perfect for Valentine’s Day! Lucy from Peanuts said it best, “All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!
|Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce||
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate & butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat (stir constantly).
- Add sugar, stir constantly until blended.
- Add milk, stir constantly 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved (do not boil).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla & salt.