by Kristl on February 29, 2012
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
I’m always tempted by the homemade granola samples at Whole Foods until I see the price! Thankfully, I’ve created a quick and easy homemade granola recipe that tastes just as good for a fraction of the price. When you make your own granola, you can create different fruit and nut combinations to make the granola recipe your very own. If you’re looking for a great hostess gift, put some of your homemade granola in a cellophane bag and tie it with ribbon. Any hostess will enjoy a nice breakfast the morning after a party!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup nuts, chopped – suggestions: chopped pecans, walnut or sliced almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup dried fruit – craisins and golden raisins are yummy!
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together all ingredients except dried fruit and coconut
- Spread on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Add dried fruit and coconut, bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.