If you want to kick your basic box brownie mix up a notch, this Hershey’s Symphony Candy Bar Brownie Recipe is for you!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a basic brownie, but I love Hershey’s Symphony Candy Bar Brownies even more. Until you taste these brownies, it’s hard to imagine that simply adding candy bars to the middle of your brownie can do so much.
They’re a chocoholics dream.
They’re pure chocolate bliss.
They’re worthy of a special occasion.
They’re impressive but simple.
Oh and that gooey layer of chocolaty toffee with almonds in the middle. YUM!
OK, now that I have you craving chocolate, let’s get on with the recipe!
P.S. – Frugal-up these brownies by stocking up on Hershey’s Symphony Candy Bars when they’re on sale. I frequently see them on sale 10 for $10.
- 17 oz. - 20 oz. brownie mix (Do not buy a mix that includes fancy fixins like chocolate chips or a fudge packet...just a plain family size brownie mix for a 9 x 13 pan like the one in the picture.
- water (amount according to your brownie mix directions)
- oil (amount according to your brownie mix directions)
- eggs (amount according to your brownie mix directions)
- 16 oz. Hershey's Symphony Candy Bars (These candy bars come in a variety of sizes, but buy approximately 16 oz. - a little more or less won't hurt. If you can find the giant 6 oz. bars...3 fit perfectly.)
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread half of the brownie mixture in the bottom of a parchment lined 9 x 13 pan. (The parchment paper will make it easy to lift the brownies out for cutting, and you won't have to clean your pan!)
- Lay the Hershey's Symphony Candy Bars on top.
- Spread the remaining brownie mixture over the Hershey Symphony Candy Bars.
- Bake according to package directions. If you use the Pillsbury family size fudge brownie mix, you'll bake them for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, but do not refrigerate.
- Life the brownies out of the pan by grabbing the edges of the parchment paper.
- Cut with a plastic knife...a simple, disposable plastic knife is the secret to perfectly cut brownie.