Greek Salad Recipe with Homemade Dressing
A Greek salad makes a nice, light meal and is delicious served with fresh pita bread - sounds perfect for those hot summer days when you don't want to fire up the oven. If you're looking for a great side salad to go with pizza or pasta...try this Greek Salad Recipe with Homemade Dressing. I've listed exact ingredient amounts, but this is a salad...add more of the ingredients you love and feel free to eliminate the ingredients you hate. By the way, no need to buy an overpriced prepared Greek salad dressing...this homemade version has just 3 ingredients that I'll bet you have in your pantry.
- 1 bag baby spinach
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 can garbanzo beans (optional, but ideal to make this salad a meal)
- ⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
- Toss, serve and enjoy!
Want more quick and easy salad dressing recipes?