Homemade Ginger Snaps
Homemade Ginger Snaps are a great traditional Christmas cookie that are really a "snap" to make! Bake a batch before your Christmas Party, and your home will be filled with a welcoming holiday spice aroma! Homemade Ginger Snap cookies just smell like Christmas!
- 3¾ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Mix together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Gradually beat sugar into butter on medium speed and continue beating 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in molasses and vinegar.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Roll into 1" balls and place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with your fingers. Dough will be sticky.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Edges should be lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
If you’re taking Ginger Snaps to a cookie exchange , and you need a clever packaging idea – why don’t you put the cookies in a zip loc bag, and then put the ziploc inside a brown lunch bag. Tie with a traditional red and white check ribbon. Simple packaging for a simple cookie.