Let me also warn you that you won’t get rich by watching TV, but you might as well earn a little for something you’re already doing.
Now that the warnings are out of the way, are you ready to learn how to get paid for being a couch potato?
- Apple or Android users download a free app called Viggle.
- Check-In when you’re watching TV by simply holding your phone near the TV, so Viggle can identify what you’re watching.
- Earn points for each show you watch.
- Earn additional points by playing interactive games or trivia contests on your phone – these are available for some TV shows.
- Cash in your points in the Viggle Rewards store. Popular rewards include a $5 Starbucks card for 12,500 points or a $10 Papa John’s Pizza card for 20,000 points.
My teenagers love this app, and my college age son claims he bought all his Christmas presents with Viggle rewards!
I decided to give Viggle a try, so I downloaded the free app, and I’ve tried to remember to check in every time I watch TV. After 2 months, I have nearly 20,000 points…enough for a $10 Papa John’s gift card or a $10 Sephora gift card!
Was it fun? Yes! Many shows come with interactive trivia questions, and my daughter become quite competitive with me!
Will I Viggle again? Yes…I want a Papa John’s gift card!
If you’re watching TV, you might as well be earning a little something.
Ciao for now. I’ve got some TV watching to do.
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!