Fast Fudgy Brownies
It's hard to beat a box mix when it comes to brownies, but I'm always trying! This Rachael Ray recipe just might give the box mix a run...it's frugalicious, fast and Budget Diet approved! You can even splurge and buy Ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate, and it will still be cheaper than the box!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (splurge on Ghirardelli!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, then eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour.
- Scrape into a parchment lined 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 until springy in center, about 18 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.