Rewarding and pleasing lasagna filled with eggplant, lasagna noodles and three types of cheese. Everyone loves a lasagna and it is absolutely a crowd-pleaser, and this lasagna is not an exception. A hearty lasagna you can freeze or reheat well.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 3 cup eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 cloves garlic mixed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no salt tomato sauce
- 1½ cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1½ cups skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare lasagna noodles following the package instructions. Ensure to omit the oil or salt.
- Put oil into a skillet and heat it in medium high heat. Add the basil, onion, pepper, eggplant and garlic for about 10 minutes or until the eggplants becomes tender. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Pour in tomato sauce and wait for it to boil. Bring down the heat and let it simmer without cover for about 15 minutes. Sauce must thicken and peppers must be tender. Remove from heat.
- Switch the oven to 350 degrees. Put oil into the baking dish. Place 2 pieces of cooked lasagna noodles laterally at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Put the eggplant mixture on top. Pour over ½ cup of cottage cheese and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the step making sure the end layer is mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Put dash of Parmesan cheese and leave it for 10 minutes. Serve.
Calories: 214 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sodium: 312 mg Protein: 15 g Cholesterol: 16 mg