Easy Moo Shu Chicken Recipe
Next time your tempted to grab Chinese take-out...make your own! This Easy Moo Shu Chicken recipe starts with a rotisserie chicken, and you can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes! Frugal Tidbit: Many grocery stores sell half price rotisserie chickens after 7:30, so find out your store's policy.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (this can be found in the Asian section of your grocery)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1, 10 oz. bag of tri-color coleslaw
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce (also found in the Asian section of your grocery)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 burrito size flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, coleslaw and green onions.
- Cook until wilted - about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, hoisin sauce and soy sauce and heat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill each tortilla and roll like a burrito.
If you don't cook a lot of Asian food, buying sesame oil and hoisin sauce may seem pricey, but trust me...you'll be making this quick and easy Moo Shu again and again! It's still way cheaper than take-out!