This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
The stores and catalogs are filled with fabulous Halloween decorations, and they can be tempting until you take a look at the price tag! So…how does The Budget Diet Girl do spooky and spectacular on a shoestring budget? She does the Dollar General Halloween Hack!
What the heck is that?
The #DGHalloween Hack starts by getting inspired by a pricey Halloween decoration, and then creating a DIY version with Dollar General supplies. Halloween at Dollar General is amazing with an abundance of items for just $1.
Recently, The Budget Diet Girl fell in love with a Halloween doormat until she saw the $40 price tag! What did she do? She was inspired, and she was motivated to create her own spooky and spectacular doormat; and that's exactly what she did after making an $8 purchase from Dollar General.
Easy Homemade Halloween Doormat
- doormat ($4 at Dollar General)
- rubber spiders and worms ($1 each at Dollar General)
- hot glue gun (in my craft closet)
- Halloween socks ($1 from Dollar General)
- old washcloths or rags (in my rag bag)
- black pumps or any "witchy" looking shoe (I borrowed these from my teenage daughter)
- crepe paper ($1 from Dollar General)
- Use hot glue gun to attach the spooky creature assortment to the doormat.
- Stuff Halloween socks with old washcloths or rags.
- Put the stuffed socks in the black pumps.
- Slip the top of the socks under the doormat.
- Complete your spooky Halloween door decor by taping crepe paper streamers to your door frame.
Now that you know the secret to spooky and spectacular on a shoestring budget.