Don’t let your pumpkin rot, and don’t dare throw your pumpkin away after Halloween because I’m going to show you how to make Pumpkin Puree!
How to make Pumpkin Puree? It’s quick and easy, thanks to your crock pot! Pumpkin Puree freezes beautifully, so you’ll have plenty on hand for delicious recipes like…
Pumpkin Cheesecake (as good as the Cheesecake Factory’s!)
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling – Click here for the recipe.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake – Click here for the recipe.
Pumpkin Fudge – Click here for the recipe.
- 1 pumpkin (small pie pumpkins work best!)
- Wash pumpkin.
- Cut in half and scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff!
- Remove the stem.
- Cut pumpkin into large chunks.
- Place pumpkin in crock pot (2 small pumpkins are just the right size for most crock pots.)
- Cover and cook on low for 3 - 5 hours or until very soft.
- Remove skin and discard.
- Using an immersion or stick blender, puree the pumpkin right in the crock pot.
- Freeze in 1¾ cup portions which are equal to 1, 15 oz. can of pumpkin.