Pickled Eggs to Preserve your Precious Eggs
A method used centuries ago but still utilized to preserve delicious eggs. It is a simple recipe for hard boiled eggs pickled in different spices and beet juice. The longer the eggs are in the pickled liquid, the tastier they get.
- 16 ounce jar of beets
- 1 ¾ cups of white vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of whole allspice
- 1 stick of cinnamon, halved
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- Use a large-sized saucepan, enough for you to arrange the eggs in one layer.
- Pour an inch of cold water.
- Cover with lid and let it boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the eggs to stay in hot water for about 10-15 minutes, depends on the eggs’ size.
- Cool the eggs with cold water and start to crack the shell.
- Softly crack the shell all over the egg. Place in between palms and start to rub. Begin at the large end, then carefully eliminate the shell.
- Place the eggs to the jar with a close-fitting lid.
- Drain the beets with its juice. Get a saucepan and blend the beet juice with vinegar, sugar and spices.
- Bring down the heat, stir frequently until the sugar has melted.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Transfer the hot liquid into the jar, put the lid and close it tightly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and place it in the refrigerator.
- For a few hours, the flavors will mix well and eggs can be placed in a refrigerator in a week.