Delicious Black-eyed Peas for Healthy Living
I love black-eyed peas because they are not only delicious but very healthy. It fits perfectly with my lose-weight plan. It could also be part of your lifestyle. It is super easy to make and you will absolutely enjoy it. Start living healthy now!
- 1 lb. bag of dried black-eyed peas
- 1 T. salt
- ¼ C. cooking oil
- 6 to 8 C. cold water
- If you have dried peas, then you must soak them all night to restore their moisture. However, if they are not dried peas, then you may proceed to the next step.
- Put water, salt, oil and peas into the pressure cooker for the night. Let them soak for about 6-8 hours.
- Next, eliminate the water and replace it with a fresh fill. Make sure the peas are fully covered with water. Bear in mind the pressure cooker must not be more than one-half full.
- Cover the cooker with lid and place the vent on the regulator. Cook for about twenty minutes on medium heat. Once foam starts to escape from the vent, bring down the heat and let it cook until 20 minutes is over.
- Switch off the heat and wait for a few minutes for the pressure to go down.
- Once the pressure has went down, take away the lid and serve.
- This is best served with chopped onions, stewed tomatoes, bacon bits, or jelly to bring more flavor to your meal.