Did the rain keep the trick or treaters away, and now you’re wondering what to do with all that leftover candy? Halloween Bucket Brownies are a delicious way to use up that leftover Halloween candy!
Halloween Bucket Brownies
Chocolate lovers...these are for you! Top your favorite brownies with chopped candy bars, and then add a thick layer of fudge. As if that's not enough, we'll go crazy with another layer of candy bars. The result? Super thick, super rich and did I mention super chocolaty brownies? Halloween Bucket Brownies...they're a chocolate lovers dream, and they're a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy! Do you have a favorite leftover Halloween candy recipe?
- 1 box of brownie mix or your favorite brownie recipe for a 9 x 9 pan
- 20 fun size candy bars, chopped (This is a great leftover Halloween candy recipe! I used an assortment of Snickers, Milky Way, 100,000 Grand, Baby Ruth, Nestle Crunch and Hershey's Dark. You could also use just 1 type of candy bar. Remember, this is your Halloween Bucket Brownie!)
- 1, 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Prepare brownies according to package directions for a 9 x 9 pan.
- When you remove the brownies from the oven, sprinkle with half of the chopped candy bars.
- Cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk for the fudge layer.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth. If mixture isn't smooth, microwave in additional 30 second intervals and stir until smooth.
- Spread fudge on top of cooled brownies.
- Lightly press the remaining candy bars into the fudge layer.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting.
recipe adapted from Southern Living