Crockpot Refried Bean Recipe
Beans are a frugal super food...they cost pennies and are packed with protein and fiber. A can of refried beans costs about $1, and this Crock Pot Refried Bean Recipe can be made for about 50¢. So, what do you do with all these refried beans? Why don't you have a "Make Your Own Burrito Bar" for dinner or make The Budget Diet's Easy Mexican Rice Recipe, and you'll have the obligatory accompaniment to any Mexican Dinner.
- 1 cup dry pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion chopped or ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients to your crockpot.
- Add 5 cups hot water or enough to cover your beans plus 2 inches.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.*
- Use a potato masher to get that perfect refried bean consistency.
*Crock pot cooking times vary, so please make a note on this recipe with the cooking time for your pot.