It’s 2 weeks until the Super Bowl, and the Budget Diet is kicking off a week of Super Bowl Party Recipes (aka – Man Food!).
This year…don’t spend a fortune on party trays, and think beyond chips and dip! Think of The Budget Diet’s frugalicius and fast man food like Crock Pot Pork Carnitas Tacos.
|Crock Pot Pork Carnitas Tacos||
- 1, 15 oz. can enchilada sauce, divided
- ½ cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- flour tortillas or white corn tortillas
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the crock pot.
- Mix in the green bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
- Lay the pork should on top of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle the pork with the taco seasoning.
- Cook on low 6 – 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with the back of a spoon.
- Shred meat using the back of a spoon.
- Add the remaining enchilada sauce and set crock pot to “warm” until ready to serve.
- Heat tortillas and fill with pork carnitas.
Serve with Southwest Salad – Southwest Salad Recipe