Crock Pot Pork Carnitas Tacos
This recipe fits my definition of a crock pot recipe...just throw in a few ingredients and forget about it! Leave the meat in the crock pot, and let everyone make their own taco at your Super Bowl party. My Southwest Salad is the perfect side dish for Pork Carnitas Tacos.
- 1, 15 oz. can enchilada sauce, divided
- ½ cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of The Budget Diet's Homemade Taco Seasoning (go to recipes at the top of this page)
- flour tortillas or white corn tortillas
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the crock pot.
- Mix in the green bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
- Lay the pork should on top of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle the pork with the taco seasoning.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with the back of a spoon.
- Shred meat using the back of a spoon.
- Add the remaining enchilada sauce and set crock pot to "warm" until ready to serve.
- Heat tortillas and fill with pork carnitas.
Serve with Southwest Salad – Southwest Salad Recipe