by Kristl on March 25, 2011
|Crock Pot Pinto Beans and Rice||
Recipe type: Main, Vegetarian
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Beans and Rice are staples in many diets around the world…it’s good for you and good for your wallet!
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup picante sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Rinse pinto beans in a colander.
- Put beans in crock pot and add water to cover about 2″.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, garlic and picante sauce.
- Cook on high about 4 hours or until beans are tender. Crock Pots vary greatly, 4 hours is the minimum – your crock pot may take longer!
- Serve over rice.