It’s day 5 of The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies, and today’s recipe is for all the chocolate chip cookie dough lovers!
If you’re bringing Cookie Dough Truffles to a cookie exchange, there are all sorts of clever packaging ideas available. In Houston, we have a wonderful wholesale store (open to the public) called Palmer Packaging. Great prices and great packaging ideas. Check your area for a wholesale packaging store.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup egg substitute (No worries of salmonella because egg substitute is pasteurized!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1, 14 oz. package Wilton's Chocolate Candy Melts (available at Michaels).
- Beat butter at medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add brown sugar and sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, beat well.
- Stir in miniature chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough 30 minutes, so it will be easier to work with.
- Roll into 1" balls and refrigerate 30 more minutes.
- Melt Wilton's Chocolate Candy Melts according to package directions.
- Dip cookie dough balls in melted chocolate and place on wax paper to harden.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 dozen
Tomorrow’s recipe on The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies is: Pretzel Turtles! So easy, your child could make them!