Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
If you're a chocolate and peanut butter lover, you've hit the jackpot! This divine no-bake dessert can be whipped up in no time especially if you substitute a ready made crust. If you use a ready made crust, you will get 2, 9" pies vs. 1 super thick cheesecake like pie if you make my yummy homemade crust.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1, 15.5 oz. package Oreos
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- OR buy 2 ready made Oreo Crusts.
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1, 16 oz. jar hot fudge (like Smuckers or Mrs. Richardson's) or make your own fudge layer by melting a 12 oz. package of chocolate chips in the microwave and stirring in ⅓ cup of heavy cream until smooth.
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1, 8 oz. container whipped topping (like Cool Whip, store brand is fine!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crust Instructions:
- Crumble Oreos in a food processor until fine.
- Add sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press on the bottom and about 2" up the sides of a 10" springform pan.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Filling Instructions:
- Heat the hot fudge according to the instructions on the jar.
- Pour the hot fudge onto the crust and gently spread to cover the bottom.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer.
- Beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping and vanilla until smooth and uniform in color.
- Spread on top of the cooled fudge layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.