Crock Pot Chicken Taco Recipe
This Chicken Taco recipe will soon be one of your favorite quick and easy dinners because it's a crock pot Chicken Taco. It takes less than 5 minutes to put the ingredients in the crock pot, and 6 hours later you'll have a delicious shredded chicken taco. Effortless!
- 6 frozen chicken breasts (do not thaw)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or use 2 tablespoons of The Budget Diet's Homemade Taco Seasoning*
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 18 hard of soft taco shells
- Mexican blend or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- Place frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot.
- Add salsa.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken shreds easily** with the back of a spoon.
- Shred chicken and add ranch dressing.
- Fill hard or soft taco shells with chicken, cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
*The Budget Diet's Homemade Taco Seasoning: 4 tablespoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons cumin, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Stir all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. This recipe makes the equivalent of 5 taco seasoning packets for a fraction of the cost! **"easily" is the key word! If it is difficult to shred with the back of the spoon, and the chicken seems tough...it's not ready!