Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
This is my go-to casserole to bring a sick friend or a new mom.
- 3 frozen chicken breasts or 1 small rotisserie chicken or 3 cups leftover chicken
- 1, 6 oz. package long grain and wild rice mix (like Uncle Ben’s or the store brand)
- 8 oz. package fresh sliced mushrooms
- ⅔ cup Good Seasons Italian dressing (when making the dressing, use olive oil)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Put frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot with ½ cup of water and cook on low for 6 hours or until it shreds easily OR shred a rotisserie chicken OR use up leftover chicken.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Mix together chicken, rice, mushrooms, Italian dressing and sour cream.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.