It may still be 100 degrees in Texas, but it’s time to savor the last days of summer at your dinner table. Soon we’ll be ready for chili, soups and hearty meals, so try this frugalicious and fast Cheese and Corn Quesadilla Recipe now! My daughter says that it’s makes a “pretty plate” when served with watermelon!
All week The Budget Diet will be featuring recipes to help you savor the last days of summer, and you don’t want to miss tomorrow’s recipe – Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Peaches and Homemade Poppyseed Dressing!
|Cheese and Corn Quesadilla Recipe||
- 2, 11 ounce cans sweet corn
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- salt to taste
- 2 cups mexi-cheese, grated
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Saute corn, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and chili powder in olive oil.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Add salt to taste.
- Top half of each tortilla with cheese and corn mixture.
- Fold in half.
- Microwave until cheese is melted – about 30 to 45 seconds.