Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies
My son declares these THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES! Peanut butter and butterscotch are an amazing combination! It's right up there with peanut butter and chocolate!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar (plus extra for rolling)
- 1, 12 oz. package butterscotch chips, divided
- 1¼ cups peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, melt half of the butterscotch chips in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Add melted butterscotch chips, peanut butter, egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the remaining butterscotch chips.
- Pour about ½ cup of sugar on a small plate.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the sugar to cover completely.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 - 10 minutes or until very light brown on the edges.