We’ve always given our children a choice: birthday party or birthday gift. Once my boys hit their teenage years, they opted for the gift! My daughter – she still loves to have a birthday party!
Either my mind is getting too old to come up with a new clever birthday idea or party ideas for teenagers just aren’t my thing! I’m proud to say that we made it through the last two years with a couple of memorable parties that I highly recommend for pre-teens or teens.
The Amazing Race Party – one of our all time favorite parties!
The Bunco Birthday Bash – just like a Bunco party for grown-ups complete with prizes! The girls loved getting a chance to play a “grown-up” game just like their mothers!
Bunco Birthday Bash
- If you don’t know how to play Bunco, here are the official Bunco rules from the World Bunco Association! It’s a simple game, but it can seem confusing! Playing a practice round will be the best way for the girls to learn the game.
- Print FREE Bunco Score Cards.
- Instead of the fuzzy dice, get a tiara or a stuffed animal that will travel to the person that gets Bunco…the Bunco queen! The last Bunco queen for the night gets to keep it!
- Since Bunco is played in 3 rounds, use the break between rounds for the birthday activities:
- Bunco Prizes – I set a budget and let my daughter choose the prizes. We gave prizes for: most wins, most losses and most buncos.
- Bunco Food – My daughter wanted pizza, but lots of finger food would be quite fun and very grown-up!
– Before Bunco begins, let the girls socialize!
– Between Round 1 and Round 2, have dinner or snacks.
– Between Round 2 and Round 3, enjoy birthday cake!
– After Round 3, award Bunco prizes and open birthday presents.
I’m afraid I’ve exhausted the last of my great birthday party ideas with The Bunco Birthday Bash! HELP – please click on the title of this article if you have any birthday party ideas for teenage girls. No, she’s still not opting for a big present!