by Kristl on April 8, 2011
|Black Bean Tart – Vegetarian Recipe||
Recipe type: Main, Vegetarian
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
- 1, 9″ frozen pie crusts, deep dish (lightly baked)
- 2, 15 oz. cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1, 11 oz. can mexi-corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- In a food processor, combine 1 can of beans, sour cream and ½ teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Spread over lightly baked crusts.
- Heat olive oil and saute mexi-corn, red bell pepper, green onions and cilantro for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and the other can of beans.
- Mound over the bean mixture in the bottom of the pie crusts.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
Enjoy and check back next week for our last Lenten recipe – Spinach Manicotti Recipe.