- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite kind!)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cilantro, diced tomatoes, grated Mexican-blend cheese.
- Combine black beans, vegetable broth and salsa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree about ⅔ of the soup. It's nice to have a few whole beans!
- Serve with optional toppings if desired.
If you need more frugalicious and fast dinner ideas and recipes, The Budget Diet is your source! Remember: No more excuses…eat in, not out with frugalicious and fast recipes!