Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Take advantage of fresh summer produce and whip up this delicious Black Bean Salsa Recipe with fresh corn. It's delicious served with tortilla chips or try it as a festive side salad.
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- kernels from 3 ears of corn, cooked*
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- Stir together all ingredients except avocados.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in avocados.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side salad.
*The Budget Diet's easy was to cook corn - place the entire ear of corn (yes, the husk too!) in the microwave. Cook on high 2 minutes for 1 ear, 3 minutes for 2 ears. Let cool until it's easy to handle, and the husk with come right off. Of course, microwave cooking times do vary, so please make a note of how long corn takes in your microwave.