If you've never made homemade fudge, this is the recipe to try! It's easy, foolproof and only takes 10 minutes...no candy thermometer required! The average price per pound of fudge from a candy shop is $8 a pound, and this recipe makes 1½ lbs. for about $4!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1, 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8" square pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour into pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cut into squares or use a heart shape cookie cutter for a Valentine's treat.
recipe adapted from Nestle's Carnation Famous Fudge