by Kristl on February 7, 2012
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Serves: 48 squares
If you’ve never made homemade fudge, this is the recipe to try! It’s easy, foolproof and only takes 10 minutes…no candy thermometer required! The average price per pound of fudge from a candy shop is $8 a pound, and this recipe makes 1½ lbs. for about $4!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1, 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8″ square pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour into pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cut into squares or use a heart shape cookie cutter for a Valentine’s treat.
recipe adapted from Nestle’s Carnation Famous Fudge