Since Thanksgiving, I’ve tried 3 different recipes for yeast rolls. All were time consuming and yielded decent rolls but nothing special. My teenage son said it best, “none of them are as good as Beer Bread.”
I’m always shocked to see boxes of beer bread mix sold for $8! The directions on the box say to add beer and butter, so for $8 you’re being sold some very expensive flour and sugar!
|Beer Bread Recipe||
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1, 12 oz. can or bottle of beer
- ½ stick of butter, melted
- Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ loaf pan.
- Combine self rising flour, sugar and beer in a bowl. Stir until moistened.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Pour melted butter on top of bread and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack.
- Serve warm!