- 2 Tbsp. Watermelon Jell-O
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cups pureed seedless watermelon
- ½ cup powdered confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 egg whites, stiffly-beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- One 10-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Get a heat-proof bowl pour water and bring it to boil. Put Jell-O and stir until it dissolves. Then, pour cold water and whisk.
- Gradually pour the confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice and mix well.
- At the moment, let the mixture come down to room temperature. Depends if you have begun with room temperature or one that was refrigerated. Wait for several minutes or more.
- When it is in room temperature, put in a refrigerator until it thickens for about 20 minutes.
- Get a separate bowl, stir the egg whites until it gets firm and pour them to the mixture.
- Do the same procedures with the whipping cream.
- If the mixture has blended well, put it in a prepared crust. Put it in a refrigerator until it solidifies.
- Topped them off with whipped cream.
If you want to try other flavors, use non-flavored gelatin first but if it is not satisfying, then add Jell-O.
Watermelon Chiffon is best paired with heavy meals such as BBQ. The spicy flavor on sauces or sandwiches combined with the airy flavor of chiffon makes an excellent meal.