All-Time Favorite Carolina Barbecue Sauce
Barbecue sauce makes the meat spicier and tender which is why you can’t make a BBQ meat without it. Different ingredients are used to achieve different flavors of sauce. This Carolina BBQ sauce is one of the favorites here in the U.S. and you can make your own close to what some restaurants use.
- 2 cup mustard
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- Use a large-sized bowl. Pour the refined brown sugar.
- Then, put the black pepper, pepper flakes and chili pepper.
- Next, put the yellow mustard.
- Lastly, put vinegar. Liquid smoke, butter and soy sauce is reserved for later.
- Blend the ingredients
- Boil for 30 minutes in low-medium heat. Swirl the mixture seldom.
- After 30 minutes, remove from heat. Pour the smoke and soy sauce. Also, add the butter.
- Resume to heat and boil for 10 minutes. Stir until it smoothen. It has a sweet and spicy flavor.